Therapy for Lawyers
Now supporting legal professionals and their clients
The Practice offers specialized full therapeutic service for legal professionals. We recognise the extreme pressures our legal professionals and their clients are facing today. The external challenges driving economic uncertainty coupled with cost cutting are all contributing factors manifesting in increased stress levels. In a sector where long hours, an unrelenting workload and high expectations are the norm our psychological equilibrium is often a casualty.
This is only compounded by a working environment where the need to be seen to professionally perform has led to a highly pressurised work place. Pressure to appear in control and on top of the game can lead to people masking up inside they are struggling. The impact on emotional health can be felt not just by the individuals but on families and loved ones, as well.
The Practice is experiencing a higher demand from lawyers coming to us with anxiety disorders, stress, depression and addictions. Our highly skilled professional team of therapists also includes lawyers who have re-trained to become therapists adding an increased insight into the difficulties associated with this profession. Supported by our specialist practitioners and life coaches, we have the skills and experience to uniquely support this group.
We offer a confidential and safe service for legal professionals to meet with experienced, qualified Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Psychiatrists, Counsellors and Coaches. In person serving Weybridge, East Molesey, Guildford and surrounding areas in Surrey or online face to face nation-wide.
We provide support in:
- Financial worries
- Managing engagement versus burnout
- Work life conflict
We also provide legal coaching and practice services. These can be offered as one to one coaching or as group training.
- “How to counsel for lawyers”. This will give you guidance on the counselling process that you can use with your clients – to improve connections with them and grow client satisfaction.
- Growing Resilience and Optimism – learn skills and techniques that can help you improve your day to day psychological health.
- Mindfulness Courses - Practicing mindfulness can help relieve stress, among other issues. The Practice Mindfulness Course has been specially developed, using the most up to date methods, to enable you to learn to use mindfulness techniques in order to pay more attention to the present moment.
Educational topics for lawyer well-being include:
- Work engagement vs burnout
- Work life conflict
- Time management Gaining back control and autonomy
- Finding meaning and purpose
- Dealing with bereavement